Therapy with teenagers
I have spent much of my career cultivating an approach that teenagers value and want to participate in. The teenage years are a time where authenticity is crucial to connection and engagement in therapy. I bring my authentic self to my work with teens; I am open to answering any of their questions and am not afraid to tell them how I think it is.
I also work with the parents of teenagers. Teenage years come with a host of new parenting challenges. Parents may feel disconnected from their child, or that they are parenting from a place of fear. I help normalize the experience of parenting a teenager and work with you to develop an approach that works.
My specialities include:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioral issues, including aggression, cutting and substance use
- Management of chronic illness
- Mood-related concerns
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parent-child communication
- School and academic challenges
- Trauma and complex trauma
Want to know more?
Reach out to arrange a free, phone consultation to determine if I’m a good fit for you.